Demand Content Guideline
The following policies and guidelines (“the Demand Policies and Content Guidelines”) describe the mobile advertising standards applicable to any demand side platform, advertising network, direct advertiser, or advertising agency (“Demand Partner”) using the AdView Technology Services. The AdView Technology Services (a) facilitate the delivery and insertion of Demand Partner advertisements (“Ads”) through publisher mobile applications to end-users and (b) may be composed of web pages available at www.adview.com and software, including the AdView Technology SDK and the AdView Technology Ad Exchange.
AdView Technology reserves the right to update the Demand Policies and Content Guidelines at any time. If an update includes material changes, AdView Technology shall provide notice of such update via email. By continuing to use the AdView Technology Services subsequent to such notice, Demand Partner agrees to abide by the updated version of the Demand Policies and Content Guidelines.
2. Prohibited Content
Demand Partner is prohibited from serving Ads that feature or promote any of the following content categories:
• Graphic or explicit violence (IAB25-2 (Extreme Graphic/Explicit Violence));
• Adult sexual content (IAB25-3 (Pornography));
• Discriminating, offensive, or profane material or hate content (IAB25-4 (Profane Content), IAB25-5 Hate Content));
• Weapons, weapon accessories, and ammunition (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
• Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
• Tobacco and tobacco accessories (IAB9-9 (Cigars));
• Spyware, malware, viruses, illegal hacking, or other materials that are intended to damage or render inoperable software or hardware (IAB26-3 (Spyware/Malware));
• P2P file sharing, torrenting, or other content violating or infringing upon any third-party intellectual property rights (IAB26-2 (Warez), IAB26-4 (Copyright Infringement));
• Counterfeit goods (IAB26-4 (Copyright Infringement));
• Illegal products, activities, and services, including, but not limited to, “how-to” information on bomb-making, lock-picking, and similar topics (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
• Unmoderated user-generated content (IAB25-1 (Unmoderated UGC));
• Incentivized clicks and downloads (IAB25-7 (Incentivized));
• Content or material offering traffic generation or promoting fraudulent traffic (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
• Content or material making misleading, deceptive, or unrealistic claims (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
• Content or material pertaining to particular religions or spirituality, or advocating the superiority of a specific race/ethnic group, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, language, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected status (IAB23 (Religion & Spirituality), IAB25-5 (Hate Content));
• Uncategorized content (IAB24 (Uncategorized));
• Abuse support (IAB7-28 (Incest/Abuse Support));
• Substance abuse (IAB7-42 (Substance Abuse));
• Hunting and shooting content (IAB17-18 (Hunting/Shooting));
• Alcohol content (IAB8-5 (Cocktails/Beer), IAB8-18 (Wine));
• Gambling or online casinos (if real currency is involved or if there is the ability to cash out) (IAB9-7 (Card Games));
• Lotteries (IAB3-7 (Government));
• Pharmaceutical or health products and services, including prescription medications (IAB7-5 (Alternative Medicine));
• Political campaigning content (IAB11-4 (Politics)).
• Content or material promoting or containing links that are disparaging to AdView Technology or AdView Technology’s partners;
• Content promoting real-time bidding/supply-side platforms or advertising services outside of AdView Technology or AdView Technology’s partners.
3. Restricted Content
Demand Partner’s Ads may be permitted to feature or promote the following restricted content categories, provided that Demand Partner has appropriate controls to ensure that such Ads comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations of the country and jurisdiction in which the Ads are served:
• Financial services (IAB13-1 (Beginning Investing), IAB13-2 (Credit/Debt & Loans), IAB13-4 (Financial Planning), IAB13-5 (Hedge Fund), IAB13-6 (Insurance), IAB13-7 (Investing), IAB 13-8 (Mutual Funds), IAB13-9 (Options), IAB13-10 (Retirement Planning), IAB 13-11 (Stocks));
4. Technical Requirements
• Demand Partner’s destination URL must be written in a supported markup language (xhtml or html), viewable in mobile web browsers, and link to a working mobile website related to the applicable Ad.
• Ads that automatically redirect the end-user or initiate a download without end-user interaction (i.e., click, touch, etc.) are strictly prohibited.
• Flashing, shaking, or misleading Ads (e.g., Ads imitating activities from known brands) are prohibited.
• “Click-to-call” phone numbers must connect end-users to the advertiser’s business. Toll or fee-based phone numbers that require additional payment by the caller are prohibited.
o Phone numbers must be functional (e.g., fax numbers are not permitted) and local or domestic to the Demand Partner’s Ad’s target country; phone numbers must use the correct format for the target country.
• Proper grammar conventions must be followed.
• Use of common text message abbreviations is permitted.
• Ads must be visible and render properly.
Prohibited Creative Ad Attributes
Demand Partner must not serve Ads with the following creative attributes:
• (1) Audio Ad (Auto Play)
• (3) Expandable (Automatic)
• (5) Expandable (User Initiated – Rollover)
• (8) Pop (including Over, Under, and Upon Exit)
• (9) Provocative or Suggestive Imagery
AdView Technology shall pass the above blocks in the bid requests within the “battr” field. Demand Partner must respect the Ad attributes of the bid requests.
Demand Partner shall include the following values with all bids sent through the AdView Technology Services:
• campaign ID (“cid”)
• creative ID (“crid”)
• seat ID(“seat”)
o The adomain must match the top-level domain for the advertiser landing page. App store destination adomains must represent the application’s equivalent URL, and not the full app store URL (e.g., the adomain of Age of Empires would be “ageofempires.com” and not “ensemblestudios.com” or “play.google.com/store/apps/[AppName”).
o All adomains must be passed in the following format, with no additional sub-domains, paths, or characters: [AdvertiserName].com
o The adi must be the actual creative image (or representative image), and not a link to an html page or generic placeholder image.
5. Enforcement Policy
Any violation of the Demand Policies and Content Guidelines may result in the suspension or blocking of Demand Partner’s Ad on the AdView Technology Services, in AdView Technology’s sole discretion. Additionally, AdView Technology reserves the right to block Demand Partner’s other Ads on the AdView Technology Services or terminate Demand Partner’s account.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions regarding the Demand Policies and Content Guidelines.